Please watch the video on How to Login to LMS-
Please watch the Introduction video here -
The NEBOSH International Diploma for Occupational Health and Safety Management Professionals is a perfect choice if you want to make health and safety your career. This qualification will give you the knowledge and practical skills you need to perform as a leading health and safety professional in the future. You will be able to recognize and solve everyday health and safety issues and take opportunities for improvement.
The course is divided into the following modules.
1. DI1 – Know – workplace health and safety principles.
2. DI2 – Do – controlling workplace health issues.
3. DI3 – Do – controlling workplace safety issues.
The qualification requires a minimum of 185 taught hours plus 144 recommended self-study hours and 80 assessment hours.
Unit DI1 is assessed by assignment – workplace-based tasks together with simulations and reflective statements and a research topic while DI2 and DI3 are assessed by Scenario-based case study. Each assessment requires substantial undertaking, so learners are expected to spend 40 hrs. on DI1 assessment and 20 hrs. each on DI2 and DI3. The time period given for you to complete each assessment reflects this:
Unit DI1: 4 weeks (20 working days)
Unit DI2: 2 weeks (10 working days)
Unit DI3: 2 weeks (10 working days)
Pass marks are provisional 50% for each unit. Once you have passed all three-unit assessments (DI1/DI2/DI3) your combined percentage mark will give your overall grade for the qualification (Distinction/Credit/Pass).
Distinction 226 or higher
Credit 196 – 225
Pass 150 – 195
On completion of DI1, successful delegates will have the knowledge of:
• advise on the types of legislation likely to apply, the relevance of ILO and non-government bodies’ guidance and possible enforcement actions
• identify and effectively communicate relevant health and safety information
• advise on a range of common workplace health and safety issues including how these can be assessed, controlled and monitored
• develop a health and safety policy strategy (including proactive safety, Corporate Social Responsibility and the change management process)
• contribute to a risk management strategy
• promote a positive health and safety culture
• develop and audit health and safety management systems
• maintain individual and organisational health and safety competence
• manage contractors and supply chains to ensure compliance with health and safety standards.
This qualification is a perfect choice for anyone who wants to make health and safety their career, so it is particularly relevant for:
• Health and safety professionals or those with aspirations to be one
• People with health and safety responsibilities who want to gain an in-depth understanding
Expect Prior Knowledge
Learners are expected to complete NEBOSH IGC or NGC to take up this course.