IOSH Managing Safely is the flagship course for the Institute of Occupational Safety and Health (IOSH). It is a basic health and safety qualification that educates learners on important safety topics and core responsibilities and guides managerial and supervisory staff through the assessment and reaction to hazardous situations.
Achieving the IOSH Managing Safely certificate empowers managers in any business to better manage their team, safeguarding their wellbeing and embedding a safe culture in the workplace. IOSH MS will allow you to have:
- Greater productivity fewer hours lost to sickness and accidents
- Improved organisation-wide safety awareness culture and appreciation of safety measures
- Active staff involvement to improve the workplace
- Internationally recognized certification for managers and supervisors
- Enhanced reputation within the supply chain
IOSH Managing Safely covers following areas;
- Assessing risks
- Controlling risks
- Understanding responsibilities
- Understanding hazards
- Investigating incidents &
- Measuring performance
Upon completion of the course, learners will be able to:
- Describe the key reasons to manage health and safety in the workplace
- Define the key terms relating to health and safety
- Identify how the law can have an impact on health and safety in the workplace
- Describe how to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace
- Identify workplace hazards and risks, assess their impact and how to manage them
- Identify how to evaluate and respond to an incident
- List the characteristics and benefits of an effective health and safety management system
- Describe the principles that underpin good health and safety performance.
Anyone and everyone in a working role who wants to learn the basics of safety and health.
Specially its designed for managers and supervisors in any sector, and any organisation worldwide. They won’t suddenly become safety experts – but they’ll get up-to-speed on the practical actions they need to take, and gain the knowledge and tools to tackle the safety and health issues they’re responsible for. Importantly, Managing Safely makes a powerful case for safety and health being an integral part of day-to-day management and business
Expected Prior Knowledge
There are no entry requirements for this qualification.