Watch the video on How to Login to LMS -
Watch the Introduction video here -
This course will give you a foundation of environmental and sustainability knowledge to build on. Covering a wide range of environmental, sustainability and governance principles, this course will give learners an understanding of the breadth of the sustainability agenda, and the management tools and skills that they will need when working within the area environmental management.
The drive towards sustainability and desire for Green Skills has opened up new professional avenues across all sectors and IEMA’s Foundation Certificate in Environmental Management course is the perfect way to demonstrate that you have the knowledge and skills to begin your career in sustainability and this course leads directly to IEMA Associate Membership.
By the end of this course, on successful completion, delegates can be able to:
- Outline the implications of global trends for the environment, for society, for the economy and for organisations
- Outline sustainable business/governance principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline environmental principles and their relationship with organisations, products and services
- Outline major policy and legislation and their implications for organisations, products and services
- Outline major tools, techniques, systems and practices used to improve sustainability performance
- Outline the role of innovation and other leading practices in developing sustainable products and services and providing sustainable solutions
- Collect data, perform analysis, and evaluate information
- Research and plan to provide sustainable solutions
- Deliver effective communication and capture feedback
- Engage with stakeholders
- Outline tools and techniques that identify opportunities and risks
- Identify and propose ways to improve performance
- Support change and transformation to improve sustainability
This course is for people who are starting out, or changing to, a career in environment or sustainability focused roles. You don’t need any prior knowledge before taking this course as this will prepare you with everything you need to know to start your journey.
This course is also great for people working in other professions, such as marketing or finance, to gain a basic understanding of sustainability that you might apply in your role.
Aligning with the competencies required for IEMA Associate Membership (find out more about these in IEMA Sustainability Skills Map), this course means you can apply for one year’s free membership as an IEMA Associate Member upon completion and successful pass of the multiple choice exam