Watch the video on How to Login to LMS -
Watch the Introduction video here -
The Highfield Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety in Catering has been developed and is awarded by Highfield Qualifications and sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). The RQF is a qualification framework regulated by Ofqual.
This qualification covers the subject of food hygiene at a suitable depth to ensure learners have a thorough knowledge of hazards and controls; its focus is on the importance of developing, implementing and monitoring food safety procedures. Its topics are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
By the end of the course, Successful delegates will be able to
• improve the standards and safety of their operation
• reduce the risk of food poisoning and food complaints
• identify hazards and instigate suitable controls, monitoring and corrective action
• interpret the requirements of food legislation
• successfully complete the Level 4 Award in Managing Food Safety examination.
The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment in a catering role, or to support a role in the workplace. The Level 4 course is aimed at:
• middle and upper management
• senior staff responsible for food safety
• food hygiene trainers
• food course designers
Expected Prior Knowledge
It is advised that learners already hold the Level 3 Award in Food Safety in Catering, or equivalent. It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 2 in literacy and numeracy, or equivalent.