Watch the video on How to Login to LMS -
Watch the Introduction Video here -
The Highfield Level 2 Award in Food Safety for Catering has been developed and is awarded by Highfield Qualifications and sits on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF). The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment in catering role, or to support a role in the workplace. Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, cooking service and handling of food. Its topics are regarded by the Foods Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
By the end of the course, Successful delegates will be able to
- Explain the role of food handlers keeping themselves and work areas clean and hygienic
- Understand the Importance of food safety procedures and complying with the law
- Understand various Principles of Food safety in catering and the importance of keeping food products safe.
- Explain various food safety hazards including microbiological, chemical, physical and allergenic hazards and their controls.
- Understand the importance of good personal hygiene and preventing contamination, including handwashing, protective clothing, cuts and reporting illness
- Importance of various Pre-requisite programs including good temperature control and stock rotation, safe waste disposal, Pest control, etc.
- Overview of HACCP Principles.
- This qualification is aimed at individuals who are, or intend to be, food handlers working in catering. The objective of this qualification is to prepare learners for employment in catering role, or to support a role in the workplace.
Expected Prior Knowledge
- To register on to this qualification, learners are required to be 14 years of age or above. It is also advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths or equivalent. No other Prior qualifications are mandatory