Watch the video on How to Login to LMS -
Watch the video Introduction here -
The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of occupational health and safety management systems against ISO 45001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable.
Delegates who successfully complete this CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor (OHSMS) Training course (within the five years prior to making an application to become a certificated auditor) will satisfy the training requirements for initial certification as an IRCA OHSMS auditor.
This course will help you:
- Identify the aims and benefits of an ISO 45001 audit
- Interpret ISO 45001 requirements for audit application
- Plan, conduct and follow-up auditing activities that add real value
- Grasp the application of risk-based thinking, leadership and process management
- Access the latest auditor techniques and identify appropriate use
- Build stakeholder confidence by leading audit activities in line with the latest requirements
- Meet training requirements for CQI and IRCA certification
By the end of this course, on completion, Successful delegates will have the following Knowledge and Skills.
- Explain the purpose of an occupational health and safety management system, of occupational health and safety management system standards, of management system audit, of third-party certification, and the business benefits of improved performance of the occupational health and safety management system.
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an occupational health and safety management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as appropriate.
- Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an occupational health and safety management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 45001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021 where appropriate.
All participants are expected to have the following prior knowledge about FD127 ISO 45001:2018 Foundation (OHSMS). In addition, delegates should also have knowledge on:
The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, review and improvement
Occupational Health and Safety Management System
- The concepts of managing occupational health and safety through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements.
- The relationship between occupational health and safety management and the provision of safe and healthy workplaces, the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance.
- Common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used occupational health and safety management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 45001, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 45001:2018 Foundation OHSMS training course or the equivalent.
If you have the any evidence to demonstrate that you have the prior knowledge as stated above (such as Training attendance or Certificate), please contact the Course Registration Officer for waiver from taking the Pre-Course evaluation.
Where you don’t have any such evidence to demonstrate that you have the prior knowledge, then It’s Mandatory for you to take and pass the Pre-Course evaluation.