The aim of this course is to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of Environmental Management systems against ISO 14001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021, as applicable. All references in this document to ISO standards are to the current versions unless otherwise stated.
Delegates who successfully complete this CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor (EMS) Training course (within the five years prior to making an application to become a certificated auditor) will satisfy the training requirements for initial certification as an IRCA EMS auditor.
By the end of this course, on completion, successful delegates will have the
- To explain the purpose of an environmental management system and the business and societal benefits of improving environmental performance.
- To explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an environmental management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate)
- To Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an environmental management system to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 14001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where appropriate).
Expected Prior Knowledge
All participants are expected to have the following prior knowledge based on FD113 ISO 14001:2015 Foundation (EMS) course. In addition, delegates should also have knowledge on:
- Management Systems
- The Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle
- The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, review and improvement
- Environmental Management System
The intended outcomes of an environmental management system:
- Enhancement of environmental performance
- Fulfilment of compliance obligations
- Achievement of environmental objectives.
- ISO 14001
Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001 and the commonly used environmental management terms and definitions, as given in ISO 14001, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA Certified ISO 14001:2015 Foundation (EMS) training course or the equivalent.
If you have the any evidence to demonstrate that you have the prior knowledge as stated above (such as Training attendance or Certificate), please contact the Course administrator for waiver from taking the Pre-Course evaluation.
Where you don’t have any such evidence to demonstrate that you have the prior knowledge, then It’s Mandatory for you to take and pass the Pre-Course evaluation.